Wellbeing - Mrs Richards
Ysgol Pen Rhos is fully committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of all pupils and staff, to ensure all members of our Pen Rhos family is involved, included and respected in all aspects of school life.
Working in our Wellbeing Team we have Mrs Richards, Mr Leigh, Mrs Jones, in addition to staff throughout the school who are ELSA, nurture and Trauma-informed trained ensuring children are supported throughout their school day from Nursery to Year 6.
We provide opportunities for children to take part in activities which help:
- children to better understand their emotions and feelings
- support children in developing confidence in all aspects of their lives
- to promote self-esteem and resilience
- provide opportunities for children to understand the feelings of others, how we can help our friends and how we can solve problems together
- to enable children to feel comfortable in sharing their opinions, feelings, hopes, worries and concerns with staff, if they want to