Literacy - Adventure Story Writing
Hello everyone :)
Today you are going to write an 'Adventure Story'.
You are going to use a picture from Pobble 365 as a stimulus.
Pobble 365 March 29th called The Tunnel.
1. Plan your story (Use the story map to help you think about how to structure you story)
2. Make a list of adventurous vocabulary.
3. Write your adventure story.
4. Read your story to an audience (whoever is at home with you).
Don’t rush this task, think, plan, write and redraft.
Success Criteria for an adventure story.
• I have organised writing with a clear beginning, middle, ending.
• I have used punctuation – capital letters, full stops, commas, question marks, exclamation marks, speech marks
• I have used adventurous language to make sentences interesting (adjectives, verbs and adverbs).
• I have used varied sentence openers (fronted adverbials) many of which are extended.
• I have used paragraphs correctly.
Good luck :)
Maths - Handling Data - The Mean (Part 2)
Just to make sure everyone fully understands how to find the mean we are going to have 1 more practice again today!
To find the mean we
1. Add up all the numbers together to find a total
2. Then we take the total and divide by how many numbers there are.
For example: 10 + 12 + 8 + 10 = 40 there are 4 numbers so 40 (divided by 4) which is 10.
What you need to do:
1. Watch the video explaining the mean to help you if you need it. Don't worry about the rest of the video yet, only the mean!
2. Start off with 'Chilli Challenge 1' and if you are confident with it then try Chilli Challenge 2!
Good luck :)