VE Day Activities
Hello Everyone :)
Today we are going to think about VE Day. (Victory in Europe) It is the official day World War 2 ended.
Here are some activities that you might like to do. Watch the link to VE day below.
1. Design on paper your own VE Day cup. Think about your design and make sure it is bright and eye-catching. You could include flags, important buildings or people who were involved in the Second World War.
2. There is a minute silence at 11:00 a.m.
3. Make a Union Jack Flag on paper, colour it or make it out of craft, lego, minecraft which ever you want! (be creative)
4. Listen to the story Carrie’s War - The link is below.
5. Celebrate with a war-time tea – scones, jam or spam sandwiches, pancakes or sponge (don’t worry if you do not have any of these at home)
6. Listen to popular artists from WWII – Ella Fitzgerald, The Andrew Sisters, Vera Lynne.
7. Watch Churchill’s speech on BBC.
8. Listen to the Queen’s speech.
Enjoy your day!
VE Day - PE
I thought because we are celebrating VE Day that we'd have a PE lesson around VE Day as well.
One of the famous dances during 1945 was called the 'Lambeth Walk' - it's not too tricky and I think you nail it
What you need to do:
1 - Look at the PowerPoint and resources below to help you learn about the Lambeth Walk
2 - Research the Lambeth Walk on YouTube and start getting an idea of how it goes
3 - Start practicing your walk using the help videos and cards
When you need to add music - Click the link below for the Lambeth Walk music
We'd love to see some photos and videos when you have a go :)
Good luck :)